This stew has sophisticated flavors, but has a casual presentation which makes it perfect for company during the week. And since it simmers in the slow cooker, undisturbed, all day, it makes entertaining easy. Accompany with a green salad tossed with vinaigrette and hot crusty bread.
- 2 pounds pork loin roast (OR shoulder, boneless, cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups pearl onions (frozen)
- 14 1/2 ounces chicken broth
- 3/4 cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 ounces feta cheese (OR goat cheese, crumbled)
- Toss pork cubes with flour, cinnamon and thyme. Place in 4-quart slow cooker with onions. In medium bowl, stir together broth, wine, honey and vinegar. Pour over pork; cover and cook on low heat setting for 9-10 hours, until very tender. Serve portions in shallow soup plates over pasta or rice, garnish with goat cheese.