- 2 ounces whole wheat fusilli (or similar pasta)
- 1/2 yellow zucchini (small, cut into thin strips)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 onion (small, peeled and cubed)
- 5 1/4 ounces tomatoes (cut into chunks)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 1/2 ounces pork tenderloin (cut in 3 pieces)
- 5 sprigs fresh parsley leaves (finely chopped)
- 1 ounce pitted black olives (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon juice
- 4 leaves lettuce
- 1 handful watercress
- 3 radishes (grated)
- 1/2 pear (cut into strips)
- 5 raspberries
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water according to package directions. Add zucchini 1-2 mins before pasta is finished cooking. Drain.
- For the pork and tomato sauce, heat 1/2 tsp oil and sweat garlic and onion for 3-4 mins. Add chopped tomatoes, tomato paste and 4 tbsp water and simmer for 3 mins. Heat remaining oil in a separate small frying pan and sear meat for 4 mins, turning, until brown on all sides. Season, sprinkle with parsley then add tomato sauce. Bring to a boil, add olives then adjust seasoning, adding a little sugar to taste.
- To finish, mix yogurt with lemon zest, season then toss with lettuce, watercress and radishes. Serve pork and tomato sauce with pasta with salad on the side. For dessert, sprinkle pears with lemon juice. Sprinkle raspberries with powdered sugar and mash. Arrange on a plate and serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories580Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.