- 1 tablespoon kosher salt (plus 1 teaspoon, divided)
- 6 ounces whole wheat noodles (whole wheat angel hair pasta whole wheat spaghetti, or similar, I recommend DeLallo whole wheat pasta)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 cups grape tomatoes (or cherry tomatoes)
- 1 can artichoke hearts (quartered, 14 ounces)
- 1 can pitted black olives (whole, 6 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (good-quality)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (freshly squeezed, about 1 lemon)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (freshly)
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley (fresh, chopped)
|Calories220Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Algeo 4 days ago
I used what I had: angel hair pasta, castelvetrano green olives & feta cheese. This is my favorite meatless pasta dish. I think the lemon juice adds so much to the flavor! Will make again soon.
Louis 4 days ago
Scrumptious. Just the right amount of heat. I will be making this again.
Jim 6 days ago
Very good easy to make and eat
Victoria Lynn 9 days ago
I love this recipe! the smells alone are to die for. I added chicken to recipe for extra protein so I added more parsley, garlic, salt, pepper, crushed red flakes and pasta water. alternatively I added fresh lemon juice vs store bought lemon juice which I think cut through to oils and oil-y veggies and brought it all together nicely. don't skim on oil or parsley!
JenniferWalker 23 days ago
Great dish for a busy weeknight.
Danielle Kaune Reicks 28 days ago
Awesome! Next time I would put only 1/4 of the crushed red pepper flakes instead of the 1/2 that I used. It was a bit spicy for the kids!
Claire Loveall 22 Jan
Used rotini pasta instead. Works better as a cold pasta salad, I think. Needed more salt and vinegar, but a good base recipe
Hank H. 21 Jan
This reminds me of a pasta they used to have at TGIFridays a million years ago. Leave out the black olives. Canned black olive just tasted weird and didn’t add anything to it. Not sure if a good green olive would be a good replacement. Kalamata would be too strong for it. Double the tomato to get a little more of that acid.
Kelli Owens 13 Jan
super delicious!!! paired it up with some fresh baked garlic bread...mmmmmm...good!!!
Jennifer J. 11 Jan
So good.. used less red pepper and not all the pasta water and it was delish!
Melanie 9 Jan
Very nice. I added mushrooms instead of archichokes
Deairrah Gilmore 8 Jan
Minus the olives and "pasta water" in the instructions, i pretty much followed everything. i did add a stick of butter before i added the noodles the added grates parmesan cheese. Omg it was soooo good!!
Jennifer 8 Jan
Easy to make - used canned artichokes and olives.
Enza Del-Console 7 Jan
It was really good! A bit too spicy for me Next time I will use less red pepper seed. Very easy and quick to make ☺️
Jay Chapdelaine 7 Jan
the recipe was easy to follow, and turned out tastey, gonna add a protien next time, but a great start on a good sized meal