Mediterranean Grilled Tenderloin Focaccia SandwichesPORK
Focaccia was made to be split in two and layered with great sandwich fillings: Here, a grilled pork tenderloin joins roasted red pepper, fresh spinach and is laced with garlic mayonnaise for a two-fisted dinner sandwich.
- 1 pork tenderloin
- 1 Tbsp. fresh sage
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp. fresh marjoram
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 1 focaccia (9-inch-round, sliced horizontally in half)
- 6 Tbsp. garlic mayonnaise (roasted)
- 4 oz. roasted red peppers, drained
- 4 oz. fresh spinach leaves
- Prepared medium-hot fire in grill. In small bowl mix together herbs, salt and pepper. Rub over tenderloin; grill tenderloin over direct heat for a total of 15-20 minutes, turning to brown evenly, to an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove from grill, set aside and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Spread mayonnaise on one cut side of focaccia, top with red pepper pieces. Thinly slice tenderloin and layer on top of red pepper; top with spinach leaves. Close sandwich and cut into wedges to serve.
- Serves 4.
- *Roasted Garlic Mayonnaise--Purchased or homemade: Roast one large head of garlic (wrap in heavy foil, place in 350 degrees F. oven for 30 minutes; let cool and squeeze garlic from skins) and mix mashed garlic into 1 cup mayonnaise; cover and keep refrigerated.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories640Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes