- 1/3 cup tahini ($1.13)
- 1/3 cup water ($0.00)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice ($0.18)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced $0.16)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin ($0.05)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper ($0.03)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt ($0.02)
- 15 ounces chickpeas ($1.15)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil ($0.12)
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika ($0.05)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder ($0.03)
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne (optional $0.02)
- cracked pepper (Freshly, 10-15 cranks of a mill $0.03)
- salt (to taste $0.02)
- 3 cups farro (cooked, or other grain $1.49)
- 2 roma tomatoes ($1.39)
- 1 cucumber ($0.99)
- 1/4 bunch parsley ($0.79)
|Calories790Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Marata Koczorrowska 5 Jan
Fantastic recipe! I baked the chickpeas instead of frying and they turned out lovely. The salad was equally as tasty on the second day
Steph 2 Jan
Great! Added roasted mushrooms and a little sprinkle of Maldon Sea Salt. But either way, yum!
Jen Weijer 30 Jun 2018
Made this several times. I leave salt out for my tastes, maybe heavier on spices. A go-to salad in my house!
Marilyn S. 29 May 2018
Added beets and black olives. Really really good! Added beet juice to the dressing and it tasted great but of course turns it pepto bismol pink so if you can’t eat things that look funny, don’t add beet juice haha. Also good with feta
Samantha H. 4 Apr 2018
Inexpensive, easy to make, and healthy! Yum!
Jody 15 Jun 2017
Sooo good! Reminded me of falafel. Planning on adding black olives and mixed greens (maybe spring mix, spinach, or arugula) next time. Maybe even pine nuts, too :)
Courtney G. 13 Jun 2017
Yummo always craving this salad :)
Sheena P. 24 Feb 2016
Easy to make, healthy and delicious!! The dressing is amazing! I added mixed greens and avocados and extra cayenne pepper in the chickpeas!l which are great as a snack as well.