Remove All from Shopping List
- To prepare chicken: Combine salt, pepper and lemon juice in medium bowl. Add chicken breasts and coat. Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add chicken; cook 8 minutes per side, or until done. Remove from pan and cool.
- Cut chicken diagonally into 1/4 inch slices.
- To assemble sandwiches: Split bread squares in half. Scoop some bread out of each square to make room for filling. Spread top and bottom of bread with 1 tablespoon pesto. Layer bottom with remaining ingredients in order: (1-ounce)
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Moisten the bread and squeeze dry. Mix the bread with the meat and add spice and seasoning. Put the mixture into the hollowed-out squash. Dip the filled marrows first in flour and then in the diluted egg. Fry the squash on the meat side only. Put into a shallow casserole and sprinkle with the lemon juice and sugar. Just cover with water. Cook gently until squashes are tender and most of the sauce is absorbed