- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 2/3 cup plain yogurt (whole milk)
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 onions (finely chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 9 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese (diced)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cans diced tomatoes (14 oz each)
- 10 slices prosciutto
- 2 cups arugula
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a baking pan with foil. Place the ground beef, sun-dried tomatoes, parsley, thyme, yogurt, egg, mustard, salt, pepper, 1/2 the onions and 1/2 the garlic in a bowl and mix well. Transfer to a piece of plastic wrap and, using your hands, press into a 9-inch square.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella over the middle, leaving a 3/4-inch border around the edges. With the help of the plastic wrap, roll up tightly. Using your hands, form into a loaf shape. Score the top several times with a knife. Place on the prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan on medium-high heat. Sauté the remaining onions and garlic until softened. Add the sugar and tomato paste and cook for 2 mins. Stir in the paprika and season with salt and black pepper. Add the canned tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 mins. Season again to taste and keep warm.
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat. Cook the prosciutto until crispy. Remove the meatloaf from the oven and transfer to a serving platter. Arrange the prosciutto and arugula on top. Serve with the sauce.
|Calories490Calories from Fat290|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat290|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.