This meatloaf gets its distinctive taste and texture from the addition of cream, onion soup mix from a packet (a shortcut to flavor), and cheese, all of which is mixed with the ground beef until well combined and completely smooth. Then this mixture is spread evenly between sheets of parchment paper and rolled to make even, then sprinkled with breadcrumbs and baked, covered with parchment, until cooked through (the cheese melts and is utterly delicious).
- 500 grams ground beef
- 200 milliliters cream
- 1 packet onion soup
- 3 slices Flemish cheese (or other semi-hard melting cheese, such as Edam or Gouda)
- breadcrumbs (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F).
- In a bowl, combine meat, cream, soup and mix well.
- Spread meat mixture on a piece of parchment paper.
- Arrange cheese slices across meat mixture.
- Roll meat in the parchment paper into a cylinder.
- Unwrap paper slightly and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Cover again with parchment paper, place on baking tray and bake in preheated oven for about 45 minutes to 1 hour.