- 50 grams bread (leftover, ground to crumbs)
- 60 grams Ilha Azul Cheese (in chunks, or a cured cheese substitute)
- 1 garlic cloves
- 1 sprig parsley
- 500 grams ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- nutmeg (to taste)
- oregano (to taste)
- 12 slices bacon
- 6 slices ham
- 6 slices cheese
- 1 eggs
- 100 grams leeks
- 80 grams mushrooms (sliced)
- 20 grams butter
- 100 milliliters wine (100 ml. water)
- Place ground beef in a bowl and season with salt, white pepper, black pepper, nutmeg and oregano.
- Add egg, bread crumbs and chopped parsley.
- Mix well until mixture no longer sticks to the hands.
- Place slices of bacon on a large, rectangular piece of greased aluminum foil.
- Spread meat mixture on top of bacon and top with slices of ham and cheese.
- Use aluminum foil to roll up meatloaf in a spiral, shaping it into a cylinder and tuck foil edges in place.
- Freeze or refrigerate until ready to bake. Preheat oven to 200°C (approximately 400°F).
- For the sauce, chop leeks and mushrooms. Place butter in a baking dish and add leeks and chopped mushrooms.
- Add wine and water. Place meatloaf in the center of baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 50 minutes.
- Frequently baste meatloaf with pan juices during cooking time.