Although you most often see Meatballs on a pasta with noodles and vegetables, often times you would rather just have the Meatballs alone. This is the recipe for you. If you enjoy just eating the meatballs, this Meatballs with Peppers in a Tomato Sauce recipe will fill you will its bold flavor and rich vegetables. Try this Meatballs with Peppers in a Tomato Sauce recipe out at home for a dinner and let us know what you and your family think!
- extra-virgin olive oil
- peppers (bull horn variety)
- canned tomatoes
- meatballs (best made with ground pork)
- salt and ground black pepper
- Slice the peppers in half lengthwise and eliminate the seeds.
- Place the oil in the wok with the garlic and the peppers.
- Saute for approximately 10 minutes.
- Add the canned tomatoes, chopped and with their juice.
- Cover and cook on medium heat for approximately 15 minutes.
- Add the meatballs, some hot water, the salt, and pepper.
- Cook for approximately 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add a few basil leaves and serve.