Meatballs with Peppers in a Tomato SauceL'Antro dell'Alchimista
Although you most often see Meatballs on a pasta with noodles and vegetables, often times you would rather just have the Meatballs alone. This is the recipe for you. If you enjoy just eating the meatballs, this Meatballs with Peppers in a Tomato Sauce recipe will fill you will its bold flavor and rich vegetables. Try this Meatballs with Peppers in a Tomato Sauce recipe out at home for a dinner and let us know what you and your family think!
- extra-virgin olive oil
- pepper (bull horn variety)
- canned tomatoes
- meatballs (best made with ground pork)
- salt and ground black pepper
- 1Slice the peppers in half lengthwise and eliminate the seeds.
- 2Place the oil in the wok with the garlic and the peppers.
- 3Saute for approximately 10 minutes.
- 4Add the canned tomatoes, chopped and with their juice.
- 5Cover and cook on medium heat for approximately 15 minutes.
- 6Add the meatballs, some hot water, the salt, and pepper.
- 7Cook for approximately 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 8Add a few basil leaves and serve.