You can now find good tasting prepared meatballs in most any supermarket in the meat refrigerator case, alongside ground beef and pork. And when you do come across some, grab a couple packages to use in this quick and easy recipe for a weeknight family dinner. They're cooked in the Actifry along with onion and garlic and bottled pasta sauce. Serve with a side of buttered spaghetti, or tossed together for family style serving.
- 12 meatballs
- 1 onions (medium)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoons sauce (garden herb seasoning)
- olive oil
- 100 grams shredded mozzarella cheese
- Thinly slice the onion, chop the garlic and place them in the Actifry. Sprinkle with a little olive oil and set the Actifry for 3 minutes.
- Spread the meatballs around the bottom, season with a pinch of salt and cover with scoops of the seasoning sauce. Set Actifry for 12 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the cheese and set the Actifry for a final 3 minutes.
- Serve with spaghetti.