- 3 slices white bread (made into breadcrumbs)
- 2 tablespoons coconut (dried)
- 1 bunch chives
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cauliflower (large)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 chilli pepper (seeded and finely chopped)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 onion (peeled and finely diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled and chopped finely)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 ounces butter (or margarine)
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cube vegetable bouillon
- In separate frying pans, toast the breadcrumbs and coconut until they're golden brown and set them aside. Season to taste, remove from the heat and stir in the chives and 1 tbsp of lemon juice. Cut the stalk off the cauliflower making sure that the head doesn't fall apart. Bring a large saucepan of well-salted water to a boil with the milk and 2 tbsp of lemon juice. Put the cauliflower in so that it's completely covered and cook for 15-17 mins.
- Mix the beef with the chili, 3 tbsp of breadcrumbs, the egg, mustard, onion, garlic, and season to taste. Knead the mixture well and form it into 8 meatballs. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and sauté the meatballs over a medium heat while turning for 9-10 mins.
- Remove the cauliflower from the water with a slotted spoon, drain well and keep warm. Melt the rest of the butter in a pan and add the curry powder and flour. Fry them briefly and pour in 3 cups of water and the coconut milk. Stir in the stock cube and cook the cauliflower briefly in the sauce. Serve the meatballs and cauliflower on a plate with some of the sauce. Sprinkle the cauliflower with breadcrumbs and coconut.
PER SERVING *
|Calories870Calories from Fat590|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat590|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.