This recipe calls for ready made meatballs, which you can pick up at the grocery store (or make your own favorite version). They're cooked along with sauteed onion, garlic, tomatoes, and zucchini until cooked through and nicely browned, with fresh mint and chives and a few dashes of hot sauce (more or less to your liking) added at the end. You could of course serve these with spaghetti, but they are also terrific with mashed potatoes.
- 10 meatballs
- 1 onions
- 1 zucchini
- olive oil (q.s.)
- salt (q.s.)
- pepper (q.s.)
- 8 chive leaves
- 3 mint leaves
- 4 tomatoes (ripe)
- 2 garlic cloves
- Tabasco Pepper Sauce (q.s.)
- Start by seasoning the meatballs with salt and pepper.
- Chop the onion, garlic and tomatoes.
- Let it cook a little until the onion is transparent.
- Place the zucchini, a ladle of water, 2 tablespoons of beer soup and add the meat.
- Cook for about 15 minutes.
- Before turning the heat off put the chives, mint and a few drops of Tabasco.
- You can serve with spaghetti or a puree.