- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 lipton recipe secrets beefy onion soup mix
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup regular or converted rice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 eggs
- Combine ground beef, uncooked rice, egg and pepper in medium bowl; shape into 1-inch meatballs. Combine water, Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Beefy Onion Soup Mix and thyme in 2-quart saucepan; bring to a boil. Carefully drop meatballs into boiling soup; simmer covered 25 minutes. Garnish, if desired, with parsley.
Ron L. 10 Nov 2015
Another great recipe for Atkins diet people. I doubled the beef and threw in some spinach or shredded cabbage to make this a meal. As is there are 8g net carbs per serving which is ok, but I substituted bulgur wheat for the rice, lowering it to 4g per serving, and with 2 cups of either vegetable it only raised it to 4.5 g of net carbs.