This is not your mother's meatloaf. Hardly a nondescript lump of meat, this meatloaf is full of rich flavor. Effortlessly combining the winning flavors of ham and gouda, your kids will beg to eat this meatloaf again and again. Perfect for family dinner this week.
- 1,000 grams minced meat (Beef, pork, and/or sausage)
- 1 onion (medium, chopped)
- 5 garlic cloves (minced)
- 6 bunches parsley (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons mustard
- 100 grams mozzarella (grated)
- salt (to taste)
- 2 eggs
- 5 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 100 grams ham
- 100 grams gouda cheese
- breadcrumbs (for sprinkling)
- olive oil (to taste)
- margarine (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Place all ingredients (except last five on the list) in a large bowl and mix well with a wooden spoon or with your hands until everything is well mixed.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a countertop or table and spread the mixture over the entire surface of the paper to form a square or rectangle without leaving any thin areas.
- Spread the slices of ham and cheese on top. Roll it up with the help of the parchment paper, like a pie. Be careful not to leave cheese and ham out of the loaf, folding in the corners to make a uniform shape.
- Place the meat in a baking tray, drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Place the tray in the oven and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and spread margarine over the meat. Return to the oven for 15 more minutes.
- Serve with white rice and salad (optional)
PER SERVING *
|Calories860Calories from Fat470|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat470|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.