Meat Feast PizzaL'Antro dell'Alchimista
Handmade, yeasted dough serves as a sturdy foundation for this meat-heavy pizza. Spread simply with seasoned, diced tomatoes, the parbaked crust is topped with mozzarella, Parmesan, ham, salami and mortadella and baked in a very hot oven until chewy and bubbly brown. Because the recipe lends itself to customization, you can add your favorite toppings — sliced green olives and giardiniera would work well. Try toasting cubed leftovers in a non-stick pan and use them as croutons in a salad.
- 500 grams flour
- 25 grams yeast
- 250 milliliters water
- 50 grams extra-virgin olive oil
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes
- salami (diced)
- cooked ham (diced)
- mortadella (diced)
- parmesan cheese (grated)
- ground black pepper
- 150 grams mozzarella cheese (slices)
- 1In a bowl, add the flour. Make a well in the flour and add the yeast and dissolve in the water.
- 2Mix with a little of the flour, then add the oil. and 10 grams of salt.
- 3Mix well and then work and knead the dough.
- 4Shape into a loaf and cover and leave to rest for 1 1/2 hours.
- 5Knead the dough once again to eliminate the air bubbles, and then cover and leave to rest for another 1 1/2 hours.
- 6Flatten out the dough with a rolling pin, gently and without kneading, and transfer to a baking pan and leave to rise for another 30 minutes.
- 7Preheat the oven to 250 degrees Celsius.
- 8Spread the dough with tomato, and a pinch of salt and black pepper. Bake for up to 16 minutes, turning as necessary to avoid burning.
- 9Remove pizza from oven, garnish with mozzarella cheese, salami, ham, and mortadella, a handful of Parmesan cheese, pinch of oregano and drizzle of oil.
- 10Return to the oven and bake for 7 minutes or until mozzarella is melted and slightly brown.