This recipe proves how easy it is to prepare chocolate truffles at home, and without any fancy ingredients or equipment. Just mix together desiccated coconut with canned sweetened condensed milk, form into balls with your hands, and then chill until firm. The coating is just regular baking chocolate that's chopped and gently melted, stirring until smooth. You can use a skewer to dip each ball into the warm chocolate, twirling to coat evenly, and a toothpick for serving.
- 400 grams minced beef
- 400 grams minced pork
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 6 bread crumbs (leveled tablespoons)
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- sesame seeds (to taste and to cover)
- olive oil (to taste)
- Place all ingredients in a bowl, except the of the olive oil and sesame seeds.
- Mix well. Place sesame seeds in a small bowl.
- With wet hands, form the mixture into medium size ball and roll them in the sesame seeds.
- Heat a non-stick pan and add a little olive oil, just to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Fry the meatballs over medium heat and turn from time to time to brown evenly.
- The sesame seeds will pop as they heat up.
- To avoid popping, cover the pan with damp parchment paper. Serve with tomato or sweet and sour sauce.