When you are craving something from a chain restaurant but you want to monitor the ingredients, then why not try this recipe for McDonalds' Style Mini Muffins. They are rich and hearty. They combine hazelnut spread or Nutella with ground hazelnuts and milk chocolate chips for a decadent and tasty batch of mini muffins. Be sure to pick up the ingredients the next time you go shopping so you can surprise your family this week with fresh mini muffins before they head out the door.
- 12 tablespoons hazelnut (chocoalte, spread, Nutella)
- 100 grams salted butter (slightly)
- 2 eggs
- 100 grams granulated sugar
- 100 milliliters milk
- 1 yogurt
- 220 grams flour
- 30 grams ground hazelnuts
- 6 grams baking powder
- 100 grams milk chocolate chips
- First, make 1 tablespoon-sized balls with Nutella hazelnut spread and place them in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Melt the butter in a bowl in the microwave.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk the eggs with the sugar until the mixture is pale.
- Pour the melted butter into this mixture without stopping to mix.
- In a small bowl, mix the milk and yogurt together, and add to the previous mixture. Stir to combine
- Combine the flour, the ground hazelnuts, and the baking powder. Add to the previous mixture.
- Add the chocolate chips. Mix everything.
- Fill each mini-muffin cup up to 1/3, and place a scoop of frozen hazelnut spread in the center of each.
- Then cover with the remaining batter.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350F.