If the idea of making a bunch of croissants from scratch is too daunting, you may want to give this recipe a try. It does still require preparing a yeast dough, but the mixer does most of the work (the dough itself does the rest during rising). But here you simply need to roll out the dough into one large triangle and roll it up to form one "giant" croissant. This one is split and filled with Nutella after baking, for a winning brunch offering.
- 300 grams milk
- 1 cube yeast (brewer’s)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 90 grams olive oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 egg yolks
- 450 grams all purpose flour
- 100 grams strong flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon milk
- sugar (grains)
- sliced almonds
- confectioners sugar
- Heat the milk for 1 minute, heat: 1 minute, speed 1.
- Add the yeast, the sugar, the olive oil, the vanillin and the egg yolks, mix: 10 seconds, speed 4.
- Add the flour, the strong flour and a pinch of salt, knead: 1 minute, “wheat” button.
- Remove the dough from the Bimby bowl and place it in a bowl to rise to double its size (approximately 2 hours).
- Punch down the dough and place it in the Bimby bowl, knead for 1 minute, “wheat” button, then roll it out with a rolling pin into a large triangle.
- Roll up the triangle from the wide side towards the tip of the triangle. Let the dough rest for another hour.
- Brush the dough with the egg yolk beaten lightly with the milk and sprinkle with the sugar grains and almond slices.
- Bake the croissant in a preheated oven at 160C for approximately 30 minutes. (I baked the croissant at 180°C for approximately 25 minutes, if it browns too much, place a sheet of aluminum foil on the croissant.).
- Place it on a wire rack to cool slightly. In the meantime, melt the Nutella over a double boiler. Cut the croissant, fill it with the Nutella and sprinkle it with confectioners’ sugar.
|Calories950Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.