Mauricettes are hearty and beautiful rolls or buns that are a wonderful way to start any meal or sandwich. You can serve them warm at the beginning of a decadent dinner, or add your favorite toppings and create a sandwich that will sooth the soul. Be sure to pick up these ingredients and surprise your loved ones with homemade rolls the next time you have a family dinner. Happy baking!
- 500 grams flour
- 1 packet dry yeast
- 25 grams sugar
- 35 grams vegetable oil
- 225 grams warm water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- water (1 lt.)
- 40 grams baking soda
- 4 teaspoons salt
- Put flour, yeast, salt, oil, sugar and water in the stand mixer fitted with the hook attachment, and knead for 10 minutes on low speed.
- Let the dough raise in a covered bowl for one hour in a warm place.
- Form the dough into a 2 cm wide roll.
- With scissors, cut it in 2 to 6 cm long sections. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius (370 F).
- In a saucepan, boil water, baking soda, and salt.
- Quickly poach loaves using a strainer, remove them immediately from the water and place them directly on a baking sheet.
- Brush with a beaten egg yolk that has been slightly salted.
- Score the top of the loaves with a sharp knife.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.