Strong Indian macha tea, much like chai, flavors are delicately combined with sweet sugar ice cream and earthy pureed almonds to generate light, airy, finger cakes. You should think of these cakes as an Indian inspired, raspberry infused version of a Twinkie. They lightly flavored sponge cake is filled with a vibrant red tart raspberry jam that soaks into the surrounding dough and infuses each bite with a bite of zest. Make these during the summer for a sweet and sour daytime surprise.
- 100 grams butter
- 80 grams almond flour
- 100 grams flour
- 120 grams confectioner's sugar
- 3 teaspoons matcha powder
- 4 egg whites
- 1. Melt the butter.
- 2. Mix the almond flour, flour, confectioner's sugar, and matcha powder in a bowl. Add the egg whites. Mix well then incorporate the butter.
- 3. Preheat the oven to 350F.
- 4. Pour the batter into the cake pans until halfway full. Place 3 raspberries on top and then cover them with batter.
- 5. Bake for about 20 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
- 6. Remove from the oven. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a rack to cool completely.