These Matcha Tea Cookies have a rich green color, making them a festive addition to your repertoire of Christmas cookies or a fun treat for any season. These Matcha Tea Cookies have a texture similar to that of a shortbread cake. Quick and easy to make, these cookies require just 5 simple ingredients and are gluten free and vegan friendly. When purchasing Matcha powder, be sure to look for a high quality organic variety. Many of the grocery store variants have an excessive amount of added sugars.
- 300 grams flour
- 200 grams rice flour
- 125 milliliters vegetable oil
- 125 milliliters soy milk
- 200 grams granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (baker’s ammonia or 1 tsp.)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons tea (powdered Matcha, or green tea)
- Sift the two types of flour with the Matcha tea and the baker’s ammonia.
- Mix the oil and the milk together, add the sugar and the salt and stir well to combine.
- Add the flour and knead quickly, the dough should resemble pie crust dough but a bit softer.
- Cover the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate it for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut the dough into pieces and shape each piece into links approximately 10 to 15 centimeters long and 1 1/2 centimeters wide, bring the two ends together and seal them closed in the shape of a ring.
- Dip one side of the cookie into the granulated sugar and place the cookies on a wax paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 190C for approximately 18 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
PER SERVING *
|Calories160Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.