Biscotti are an Italian twice-baked biscuit. Biscotti is typically rather dry and crunchy, making it the perfect biscuit for dipping in a cup of coffee, tea, or milk. Traditionally made with ground almonds, this matcha tea biscotti instead uses wheat flour and matcha green tea powder as its dry ingredient base. The addition of dried cranberries and walnuts add to the taste and texture of these matcha tea Italian biscuits.
- 165 grams cane sugar
- 3 eggs
- 250 grams wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon green tea (Matcha)
- 100 grams dried cranberries
- 50 grams walnuts (roughly chopped)
- 50 grams pine nuts
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Beat the eggs with the sugar.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, salt, and tea.
- Add the egg mixture with a spatula, and stir until thoroughly mixed in.
- Add the cranberries, walnuts, and pine nuts and mix well.
- Divide the dough in half, and with damp hands place each portion of dough on the baking tray.
- Shape into a rectangle (approx. 11 x 22 centimeters, and no more than 2 centimeters thick).
- Ensure they are well separated and bake for 15–20 minutes or until they are golden and firm to the touch.
- Leave to cool slightly and transfer to a cooling rack.
- Cut diagonally, about 1 centimeter wide.
- Return to the baking tray and bake for 10 minutes.
- Turn over and bake for another 10 minutes. Take care that they do not burn.
- Once removed from the oven they will still be a little soft, but as they cool they will harden.
PER SERVING *
|Calories110Calories from Fat35|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat35|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.