- 200 grams cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 80 grams sugar (separated to 30 grams and 50 grams)
- 10 grams matcha powder
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (cut into cubes, at room temperature)
- 3 egg yolks (at room temperature)
- 100 milliliters heavy cream (at room temperature)
- 40 grams all purpose flour (sifted twice)
- 3 egg whites (cold)
- 50 grams sugar
- berries (for topping)
- powdered sugar (for sprinkling)
- Preheat the oven to 320°F, and prepare your KitchenAid® Springform Pan by lightly greasing the pan and fit a circle of parchment paper to the bottom of the pan (if desired). Wrap the bottom and up the sides of the Springform Pan tightly with two layers of foil to prevent any possible leakage.
- In the KitchenAid® Artisan® Mini Stand Mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese with 30 grams of sugar, until fluffy and smooth. Next, add in the softened butter and beat until well incorporated and smooth. Finally, add in the egg yolks and heavy cream and mix until incorporated.
- Sift the flour with matcha powder, and add to the bowl of your Stand Mixer. Mix on low speed until just incorporated. Set mixture aside.
- Thoroughly clean and dry the bowl of the Stand Mixer. Using the whisk, whip egg whites at a medium-high speed until foamy. Add the remaining 50 grams of sugar in three batches, with the Stand Mixer running, until mixture becomes thick, glossy, and forms stiff peaks.
- Add the meringue to cream cheese mixture in 3 batches, folding by hand with each addition. Do not over-mix – fold until just incorporated. Pour batter into Springform Pan. Tap against the counter to remove air bubbles.
- Then, place your Springform Pan inside the largest Casserole Dish from your KitchenAid® Nesting Casserole Set. Add boiling water into the Casserole Dish, so that it comes about 1″ up the sides of the Springform Pan.
- Bake at 320°F for 60 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 300°F and bake for another 30 minutes. Finally, leave in your oven with door closed and the oven turned off for another 20 minutes.
- Remove from your oven and place the cheesecake on a wire rack to cool. Once completely cool, gently remove the sides of the Springform Pan, and place the cheesecake in the refrigerator for a few hours to set. Serve cold, and top with berries and a sprinkling of powdered sugar.
PER SERVING *
|Calories460Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.