MasterChef Recipe: Thai Vermicelli with Lemongrass & Pork (GF, Dairy Free, Oil-Free)ZOEANDMIALAU
This is an absolutely delicious stir-fry noodle dish that is so easy to whip up and very impressive. Inspired and adapted from Shelina Permallo (winner of MasterChef). You can see the full recipe and many others on our blog: https://sprinkleofvanillasugar.wordpress.com/2016/05/26/thai-vermicelli-with-lemongrass-pork-gf-dairy-free-oil-free/
- 150 grams vermicelli noodles
- 500 grams pork (lean, /beef/chicken, trimmed of fat and finely sliced)
- 4 spring onions (finely chopped)
- 1 lime (more to taste - I used 1.5 limes)
- 2 Tbsp. fish sauce (more to taste - I used 4 tbsp)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. lemongrass (frozen, or 1 lemongrass stalk, finely chopped)
- 2 Thai chilis (small red, or dried chilis that is presoaked for 15 mins - this can be adjusted to taste up to 5 chilis)
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 2 inches ginger (piece of, chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp. tomato paste
- 4 Tbsp. coconut milk
- 1/2 Tbsp. curry powder
- Prepare the Rice Vermicelli Noodles according to the instructions on the back of the package (different brands will have different instructions).
- In a food processor, blitz together all the ingredients for the paste until combined.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over high heat. Once hot add in the meat and the thai curry paste for 2-3 minutes (until your chicken and pork has just lost its pink color). If it becomes too dry add in more coconut milk!
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories400Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes