This Mason Jar Salad is great to bring to school or work because everything is in just one jar. Create your own by following the diagram above/ instructions below, but feel free to experiment with different kinds of vegetables for texture, color as they give you more vitamins and minerals. This is also a fun and simple project to get your child in the kitchen and let them build their own salad!
- Greens (lettuce, spinach, arugula etc)
- Protein (cheese, meats, beans, hard-boiled egg etc)
- soft vegetables (tomatoes, onions, corn, avocado etc)
- Hard vegetables (carrots, bell peppers, celery, cucumbers, broccoli, cauliflower etc)
- 2-4 Tbsp Dressing
- Needed: Mason Jar
- Add dressing to the bottom of the jar.
- Next, add hard veggies then soft veggies.
- Next, add your choice of protein such as garbanzo beans, eggs etc.
- Top with leafy greens and there you go!
- Follow the above order and this will keep for 5 days in the fridge. Mix in jar and enjoy!