Mashed Turnip GreensHoje para Jantar
- table salt
- 400 grams turnip greens (washed and roughly chopped)
- 30 grams olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 50 grams flour
- 200 grams milk
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 pinch fleur de sel
- 1Heat plenty of salted water in a large pot and bring to a boil.
- 2Add the turnip greens. Bring the water back to a boil to quickly blanch the greens.
- 3Drain greens and rinse immediately with cold water to avoid losing color.
- 4Place another large pot over medium heat and add olive oil and garlic.
- 5When garlic begins to release aroma, add greens and sauté for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 6Whisk in flour and milk and let it thicken, stirring constantly to prevent it from sticking.
- 7Mash the greens and season to taste with fleur de sel and vinegar.
- 8Serve hot.