Mashed potatoes are the perfect dinner side. They go with absolutely everything and are quick and easy to prepare. For a creamier mash, add liquid cream and a little milk (be careful not to add too much or you will ruin the thick consistency). Nutmeg spice can be sprinkled into the mixture before serving for deep, earthy tones and a beautiful smell. These particular mashed potatoes should be left slightly lumpy and rustic when serving.
- 6 potatoes (peeled and cut in quarters)
- 3/4 cup butter
- heavy cream (20 cl.)
- 1/4 cup milk
- Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender.
- Drain the potatoes in a large colander.
- When potatoes have finished draining, place them back into the dry pot and put the pot on the stove.
- Mash potatoes over low heat, allowing all the steam to escape, before adding in all the other ingredients.
- Turn off the stove and add butter, cream and milk. Keep mashing until desired consistency.
- Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.