Mashed potatoes are the perfect dinner side. They go with absolutely everything and are quick and easy to prepare. For a creamier mash, add liquid cream and a little milk (be careful not to add too much or you will ruin the thick consistency). Nutmeg spice can be sprinkled into the mixture before serving for deep, earthy tones and a beautiful smell. These particular mashed potatoes should be left slightly lumpy and rustic when serving.
- 6 potatoes (peeled and cut in quarters)
- 3/4 cup butter
- heavy cream (20 cl.)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender.
- 2Drain the potatoes in a large colander.
- 3When potatoes have finished draining, place them back into the dry pot and put the pot on the stove.
- 4Mash potatoes over low heat, allowing all the steam to escape, before adding in all the other ingredients.
- 5Turn off the stove and add butter, cream and milk. Keep mashing until desired consistency.
- 6Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.