Mashed Potatoes - Thermomix RecipeAs receitas lá de casa
This recipe calls for making mashed potatoes in a Thermomix, perhaps not the most obvious purpose for this versatile kitchen tool but certainly a worthy one. First the chopped peeled potatoes (or a mixture of potatoes and carrots) are combined with milk and salt, pepper, and ground nutmeg to taste, in the mixer bowl and cooked on the proper program cycle, then the butter is added and quickly mixed in.
- 1 kilogram potatoes (washed, peeled, and chopped, or 800 gr. potatoes and 200 gr. carrots)
- 400 grams milk
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- nutmeg (to taste)
- 50 grams butter
- 1Place all ingredients, except the butter, in the Thermomix bowl.
- 2Program to 30 minutes/temperature 90/speed 1.
- 3After 30 minutes, add the butter, and program to 1 minute/speed 3/4.
- 4Never switch to speed 5 or higher, because the puree will get an elastic consistency.