Mashed Potato and Bologna CasseroleMadeleine Cocina
This casserole is a delicious treat of layered mashed potatoes, cheese, and bologna. A little bit of nutmeg added to the potatoes adds a surprisingly delicious flavor that perfectly accents all of the ingredients. The cheese melts during the baking process for a decadent and delicious dish that can be enjoyed as a side dish or the main star of a meal. If you have leftover mashed potatoes you are trying to use, you can simply use them in this recipe for a quicker prep time.
- 3 potatoes (medium, quartered)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (grated)
- salt and ground black pepper
- cooking spray
- bologna (Sliced)
- cheese (Sliced)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
- 2Place the potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water, adding a pinch of salt. Cook until tender. Remove from heat, drain, and return to the pan.
- 3Mash the potatoes. Add the butter, milk, nutmeg, salt and pepper with the pan on low heat. Mash together. Add the parmesan cheese and mix.
- 4Coat a baking pan with cooking spray and spread with a portion of the mashed potatoes. Layer with cheese and then with bologna. Repeat until the ingredients are used and the baking dish is full.
- 5Place the baking dish in the oven to heat for 15 minutes. Serve.