Mashed Potato Gnocchi with Thanksgiving TrimmingsSECONDS
Thanksgiving is a time for giving thanks, taking a moment to reflect on good fortune and good people in our lives. It’s also an opportunity to guiltlessly gorge, allow marshmallows on the dinner table, and to test the limit of those elastic waist pants. After the gorge, most of us leave a lot of food on the table, don’t let those delicious dishes go to waste. Transform your leftover mashed potatoes into pillowy little gnocchis and then smother them in this hearty stew made of Thanksgiving trimmings. Don’t settle for a Thanksgiving dinner rerun when it comes to your leftovers, get creative and have fun with them.
- 1/2 cup leftover gravy
- 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup leftover turkey (chunked up)
- 1 cup leftover squash (or whatever veg you have leftover, rough chopped)
- 1 handful fresh herbs (whatever you have on hand like rosemary, tarragon...etc.)
- grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- olive oil
- Equipment: small pot for gravy, large pan for sauce, medium pot for gnocchi, Microplane.
- Start by placing leftover gravy in a small pot over medium heat to warm. Now add hot water to your medium pot and salt heavily. Bring salted water to a boil.
- Place your leftover mashed potatoes into a bowl. Crack your eggs into the mashed potatoes and sprinkle with salt. Stir the potato mixture well. Grate nutmeg into the potatoes, about 30 strokes on the Microplane, don’t be shy. Add flour and mix really well to form a dough.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories490Calories from Fat130
|% DAILY VALUE
|Calories from Fat130
|% DAILY VALUE
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes