Masa Polenta With Sausage & PeppersBest Foods
- 8 ounces chorizo sausage (fresh, crumbled)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil (divided)
- 3 red bell pepper (medium green and/or, sliced)
- 1 sweet onion (medium)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon
- 1/2 cup masa harina
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Mayonnaise
- 1Cook chorizo in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until browned, about 4 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- 2Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat and cook garlic, stirring occasionally, 1 minute. Stir in water and Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon. Bring to a boil over high heat. Gradually whisk in masa. Boil until thickened, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise. Stir in cilantro.
- 3Transfer polenta to serving platter, then top with sausage and peppers. Garnish, if desired, with crumbled queso fresco.
- 4Heat 2 tablespoons oil in same skillet over medium-high heat and cook green peppers and onion, stirring occasionally, until very soft, about 8 minutes. Remove from skillet and keep warm.