Rich, dense, and flavorful, these mini cupcakes are right-sized for a good reason. The batter is made with marzipan, available at baking supply shops and many supermarkets, which imparts nutty taste as well as moisture. After baking, the cupcakes are filled with melted white chocolate and coated with a dark-chocolate glaze. Sprinkle with lightly toasted almond slivers or chopped almonds for even more almond flavor.
- 200 grams butter
- 200 grams sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 200 grams marzipan
- 4 eggs
- 250 grams flour
- 75 grams cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 50 milliliters milk
- vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 200 grams icing
- white chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
- Add the melted butter, sugar, and vanilla extract to a bowl. Beat until frothy.
- Add the marzipan and the eggs and mix well.
- In another bowl, add the flour, cornstarch, and baking powder, and mix well. Gradually add the dry mixture, a little at a time, to the mixture.
- Add the almond extract and milk and mix until smooth.
- Lightly oil a mini muffin pan and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Fill the muffin tin 3/4 full with the batter.
- Bake for about 25 minutes. Test for doneness using a toothpick.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Fill with melted chocolate and garnish with white chocolate flakes.
|Calories300Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.