- 10 ounces green olives (; jalapeno, garlic, or pimento stuffed)
- 3/4 cup vermouth
- 1/4 cup gin (high quality)
- 1 puff pastry sheet
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Pour olives, along with 1/4 cup of the brine they are packaged in, into a large bowl or jar. Add Vermouth and Gin, cover and refrigerate, for 1 to 2 weeks to marinate. Drain olives, reserving marinade for brushing pastry and for future olives batches, if desired. Place olives on paper towels to further drain.
- Thaw frozen puff pastry at room temperature for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix egg and water and set aside. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat mat.
- Unfold pastry on lightly floured surface. Roll into a 14-inch square. Cut into 2-inch squares. Place an olive in the center of each square. Brush the edges of the squares with the marinade. Fold pastry up and around olive and pinch to enclose at the top. Brush each olive package with egg wash.
- Place 2-inches apart on lined baking sheet. (May be made to this point, placed on baking sheet and placed in freezer. Freeze for 2 hours uncovered, then remove the individually frozen puffs from the baking sheet and quickly place in a labeled freezer zip-lock for up to 3 months. Remove as many as desired and bake directly from the freezer, adding 4 minutes to the baking time.)
- Bake 15 minutes, or until golden. Allow to cool slightly, about 5 minutes. Serve warm, ideally with an ice cold dry martini.
PER SERVING *
|Calories510Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.