Marshmallow HouseCasseroles et claviers
Everyone loves s'mores, so imagine how much better they will be with homemade marshmallows. While this recipe is a bit of a labor, the end result will be so worth it. If you are making these around the holidays you can cut them into different seasonal shapes for an adorable edible gift or hot cocoa topper.
- 18 sheets gelatin
- 30 grams powdered sugar
- 30 grams corn starch
- 3 egg whites
- 500 grams sugar
- water (20 cl.)
- 1 tablespoon glucose (you can find it at the drugstore, or on the internet on sites like "patiwizz" for example. Otherwise replace it with very sweet honey)
- 5 tablespoons strawberry syrup (or lemon, or mint, depending on your taste)
- food coloring
- 1Soften gelatin in cold water.
- 2Sift the icing sugar and cornstarch together.
- 3Generously sprinkle the icing sugar and cornstarch mixture on a large sheet of parchment paper,
- 4Beat the egg whites until stiff.
- 5Meanwhile, heat the water with the sugar and the glucose to 121 degrees Centigrade.
- 6In another saucepan, gently heat the syrup you chose, with the dye, and the softened and drained gelatin. Do not allow this mixture to boil.
- 7As soon as the first mixture reaches 121 C, add syrup with gelatin, and pour in thin streams over egg whites while continuing to whisk. Whisk well until it is properly cooled.
- 8Spread on parchment paper. Sprinkle with the remaining icing sugar and cornstarch mixture.
- 9Let stand for a few hours, then cut the marshmallow. Store it in an airtight container.