Marmita's Vegetable CurryMARMITA
Don't be put off by the lengthy ingredient list; most of them are spices that you are likely to have on hand, or that you may want to stock up on to make this and other Indian-style curries. Toasting the blend of spices brings out their aromatic oils and is an essential step in building the flavor of the dish. Here, cauliflower, green peas, and chickpeas are a traditional vegetarian option, as is the onion, garlic, and fresh ginger as the other seasonings.
- 1/2 tsp. indian saffron
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. spices
- 1/2 tsp. beans (black mustard)
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. clove
- 1/2 tsp. beans (white mustard)
- olive oil (to taste)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 onions (finely chopped)
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger (piece, finely chopped)
- 1/2 cauliflower
- 280 grams frozen peas
- 280 grams canned chickpeas
- 200 mL light coconut milk
- water (if necessary)
- 200 grams basmati rice
- 5 lime leaves
- 1 lime (juice)
- 1 lime (sliced)
- In a bowl, mix the saffron, coriander, paprika, 4 spices mix, black mustard seeds, turmeric, cloves, and white mustard seeds.
- In a large saucepan, slightly heat the olive oil.
- Add the spice mixture to the pan and let the aromas release for a bit while stirring.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories450Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes