There's no end to the possibiities for creating fillings for making pastry puffs, and it's worth experimenting to find tho ones that you (or your guests) like best. Take this super easy option that combines fresh (soft) goat cheese with marmalade, preferably homemade or you can certainly use a good quality store-bought jam. Most any flavor of marmalade will do, too, but fig or apricot would be particularly delicious, as would plum or pear.
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 goat cheese
- 10 teaspoons marmalade (homemade)
- olive oil (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 360°F.
- Roll the puff pastry into a large rectangle and use a pizza cutter to cut it into 20 equal-sized smaller rectangles.
- Place 1 teaspoon of marmalade and a piece of goat cheese in the center of 10 pieces of pastry.
- Cover each cheese-filled rectangle with an empty rectangle and use a fork to press the edges together.
- Brush the surface with beaten egg yolk or olive oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden.