Marmalade - Thermomix RecipeAs receitas lá de casa
Quinces are fall fruits that taste most like a cross between an apple and a pear, with which they are often paired in cooking. Here, however, they are the star of the show, and an excellent reason to pick up the odd looking fruit when it makes an appearance in the fall. The marmalade is made in the Thermomix. Serve the jam with Marcona almonds, Manchego cheese, and a glass of dry sherry.
- 800 grams quinces (unpeeled)
- 400 grams brown sugar
- 400 grams white sugar
- 1 lemon (small)
- 1 cinnamon sticks
- 1Thoroughly rinse the quinces. Cut each into 4 pieces.
- 2Remove the core and chop into smaller pieces.
- 3Place in the Thermomix cup and grind for 30 seconds in progressive speed 5-7-9. With a spatula, scrape the sides of the cup. Repeat as necessary. Add the sugar, lemon juice and peel with the pith removed.
- 4Grind again for 1 minute in progressive speed 5-7-9.
- 5Add the cinnamon stick and set to 35 minutes/speed 1/temperature212.
- 6After time is up check if the jam is at the desired consistency. Note: Jam will thicken as it cools.
- 7When jam reaches desired consistency, pour into cups and cool completely.
- 8Cover with parchment paper and store in the refrigerator.