- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Mayonnaise Dressing with Olive Oil
- 4 cups bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups grated Pecorino Romano cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 4 cups tomato sauce
- 2 pounds spaghetti
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, eggs, Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Mayonnaise Dressing with Olive Oil, breadcrumbs, 1 cup of the Pecorino, the nutmeg, the parsley, salt and pepper; mix very gently with your hands. Form the mixture into 1-inch balls. Place the balls on a baking sheet, cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Place the meatballs into the oven and bake until just cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile place the olive oil in a 6 qt. pot over medium heat and add the onion, the garlic and the basil. Cook until soft and golden brown, about 8 minutes. Add the tomato sauce and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Remove the meatballs from the oven and gently place them, one by one, into the sauce. (Lower the oven to 200°. ) Return sauce to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove the meatballs gently to a platter and place into the warm oven. Leave the sauce in the pot.
- Bring 6 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot and add 3 tablespoons kosher salt. Drop the pasta into the boiling water and cook until just al dente. Drain, reserving about ½ cup of the pasta water. Toss the pasta into the sauce that the meatballs simmered in and toss to coat over medium heat for 30 seconds. Use the pasta water if it seems too dry, but you don't have to!!!
- Pour the pasta and the sauce into a warmed bowl and serve immediately with the meatballs on the side and the extra Pecorino to sprinkle over the top.