- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Mayonnaise Dressing with Olive Oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 8 slices sandwich bread
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- In a medium bowl, stir together the cheddar, the Jack, the Parmesan, 1/2 cup of the mayonnaise, and the tarragon until evenly mixed.
- Divide the cheese and mayonnaise mixture among 4 slices of bread and gently spread to cover evenly to the very edges. Place the 4 remaining slices of bread on top to form sandwiches and press gently but firmly.
- In a wide, shallow bowl, whisk the eggs, the milk, the remaining 1/4 cup mayonnaisie, the thyme, and salt. Mix until smooth and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Dip the sandwiches into the egg mixture one by one to coat, and set aside. In a 12- to 14-inch nonstick sauté pan, heat 1 Tbsp. of olive oil until smoking. Add 1 Tbsp. of the butter and heat until the sizzling subsides.
- Place 2 sandwiches in the pan and cook slowly until golden brown on the first side, about 3 minutes, then flip each sandwich and cook on the other side for 3 more minutes. Remove sandwiches to a baking pan and place in oven. Repeat the process with the remaining oil, butter, and sandwiches. Leave sandwiches in oven 10 minutes and then serve.
|Calories510Calories from Fat300|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat300|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Richardson 30 Oct 2017
It turned out fabulous cheesy an gooey