- 2 pounds ground chuck
- 2 teaspoons celery seed
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons worchestershire
- 3/4 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Mayonnaise Dressing with Olive Oil (divided)
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup scallions (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 hamburger buns
- Place chopped meat in a mixing bowl and add the celery seed, pepper, Worcestershire, salt and 1/4 cup Hellmann's® Mayonnaise Dressing with Olive Oil and mix gently until well mixed. Form 12 equal thin patties about 2 ½ oz each and about 6 inches across. Put in the fridge.
- In another mixing bowl, stir together the cheddar, the scallions and the remaining 1/2 cup Mayonnaise Dressing until nicely mixed.
- To assemble the pocket burgers, lay 6 patties on a clean workspace and divide the cheddar mix evenly among them on top and right in the middle. Place 1 patty on top of each to form 6 burgers with a cheese center and carefully press the edges together to form a closed disk that kind of looks like a flying saucer. Place in the fridge until just ready to cook.
- When ready to cook, brush each burger with a little olive oil and place on the grill, griddle or skillet and cook 7 minutes on the first side. Gently turn over and cook 6 minutes on the second side or until cooked to your liking. Remove, place on toasted buns and serve with toppings.