- 2 pounds asparagus
- 0grated lemon peel
- 0grated orange peel
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley
- 1 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Mayonnaise Dressing with Olive Oil
- 1/2 can light tuna packed in water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- Snap off the fibrous bottom part of each stalk of asparagus (it will break off naturally where it becomes tough, provided that you grasp the very bottom of the woody stalk with your fingertips).
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot, and add 3 tablespoons salt. Set up an ice bath next to the stove top. Drop all but 2 pieces of the asparagus into the boiling water and cook until crisp-tender, about 1 ½ minutes. Remove and immediately submerge in the ice bath to cool for 5 minutes, moving the stalks frequently to be sure no hot spots remain; add more ice if it all melts.
- Remove the asparagus and drain on a kitchen towel, then transfer to a nice platter. In a mixing bowl stir together the lemon peel and juice, orange peel, the garlic, parsley, Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Mayonnaise Dressing with Olive Oil and tuna and mix gently to form a creamy sauce. Arrange the spears on a platter and spoon the sauce over them. Shave the 2 raw spears with a peeler and toss with olive oil and a squeeze of lemon and arrange over the top in a nesty pile. Sprinkle with the sea salt, and serve with a flourish.
PER SERVING *
|Calories70Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Bridget W. 28 May
Delicious and easy! Would make again!