- 2 pounds asparagus (jumbo , , set aside 2 spears)
- 1 lemon
- 1 Orange
- 2 cloves garlic ( roughly chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley (finely chopped )
- 1 cup dressing (Best Foods® Mayonnaise , with Olive Oil)
- 1/2 can light tuna packed in water ( drained and flaked)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- lemon wedge
- 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt
- Snap off the fibrous bottom part of each stalk of asparagus (it will break off naturally where it becomes tough, provided that you grasp the very bottom of the woody stalk with your fingertips).
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot, and add 3 tablespoons salt. Set up an ice bath next to the stove top. Drop all but 2 pieces of the asparagus into the boiling water and cook until crisp-tender, about 1 ½ minutes. Remove and immediately submerge in the ice bath to cool for 5 minutes, moving the stalks frequently to be sure no hot spots remain; add more ice if it all melts.
- Remove the asparagus and drain on a kitchen towel, then transfer to a nice platter. In a mixing bowl stir together the lemon peel and juice, orange peel, the garlic, parsley, Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Mayonnaise Dressing with Olive Oil and tuna and mix gently to form a creamy sauce. Arrange the spears on a platter and spoon the sauce over them. Shave the 2 raw spears with a peeler and toss with olive oil and a squeeze of lemon and arrange over the top in a nesty pile. Sprinkle with the sea salt, and serve with a flourish.