If you want a meal that will tantalize the taste buds and is easy to make, then try this recipe for Marinated Sardines and Kumato Salad. It is not only a hearty dish, but has nutrient-rich ingredients for a healthy meal. This dish is perfect for an intimate family dinner or a brunch with friends. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy this dish as much as we do!
- 3 sardines
- 1 lime
- 1 lemon
- kosher salt
- 4 tomatoes (kumato)
- 1 green onion
- mesclun (A little)
- extra-virgin olive oil
- For the sardines, start marinade the night before (best for 10 to 12 hours).
- Scrape sardine scales, remove heads and entrails and use a sharp knife to separate the loins from the spine.
- Put sardine loins in a bowl and cover with kosher salt.
- The following morning, rinse sardines, drain and pat dry.
- Transfer to another container and sprinkle with lime juice and grated lemon peel.
- Cover with olive oil.
- Can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- To make the salad, slice kumato and green onion and mix together.
- Season with salt and olive oil.
- Arrange with 2-3 sardine fillets per serving and a few leaves of mesclun.
- Serve immediately.