- 2 pounds boneless pork loin roast
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon black pepper (fresh ground)
- 1 cup apple butter
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1/8 teaspoon spices (Chinese five-)
- salt (To taste)
- 12 slices whole grain bread
- 1/3 cup dijon mustard
- 1 tart apples (large sweet, cored and thinly sliced)
- lettuce leaves
- Place pork in self-sealing plastic bag; mix together soy sauce, apple cider, garlic, and black pepper; pour over pork, seal bag and refrigerate overnight (4 to 24 hours). Remove pork from marinade (discard marinade), place in shallow pan and roast in 350 degree F oven for 35-45 minutes (about 20 minutes per pound), until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center of the roast reads 145ºF. Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl stir together apple butter, horseradish, and five-spice; taste for seasoning and add salt to taste.
- On one side of 6 slices of bread, spread a few tablespoons of apple butter. On the other slices of bread, spread mustard.
- Layer apple slices on the bread slices with mustard; place lettuce leaves on apple buttered slices.
- Thinly slice pork roast and place about 2 ounces of pork on apple slices.
- Close sandwiches and serve; or wrap securely and keep cool until serving.
- Wrap and refrigerate any leftover pork roast.