A tasty chop that begs to be grilled even during winter months, though the cooking time may vary slightly depending on the windchill. Serve with Grilled peach halves, rice pilaf and Super Bowl Slaw.
- 4 boneless pork chops (1-inch thick)
- 6 ounces frozen apple juice concentrate (thawed)
- 1/3 cup whiskey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- For marinade, in a small bowl combine apple juice concentrate, whiskey, olive oil, molasses, cumin, coriander and garlic salt. Place chops in a 1-gallon self-sealing plastic bag; pour marinade over chops; seal bag. Marinate in refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain chops, reserving marinade. In a small bowl combine ground pepper and fennel seed. Press the pepper mixture onto both sides of the chops. Place chops on a kettle-style grill directly over medium-hot coals, lower grill hood and grill for 4-6 minutes, turn chops and grill for 4-6 minutes more, until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time.
- Meanwhile, strain the reserved marinade. In a small saucepan bring marinade to boiling and boil for 5 minutes. Combine water and cornstarch; stir into mixture in saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens. Serve sauce with chops.