Not sure what is on the menu for tonight? Try this recipe for Marinated Poblano Chillies Stuffed with Tuna inspired by the flavors of Mexican cuisine. Roasted and then peeled, the poblano chillies are then marinated in garlic-infused oil and bay leaf sauteed onion mixture. Keep everything in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Stuffed with a creamy tuna salad mixture just before serving, these marinated poblano chilies are full of rich flavors and textures.
- 6 poblano chilies
- 1 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- bay leaf
- 3 allspice (grains)
- 1 1/2 onion (thinly sliced)
- 142 grams canned tuna
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Roast the poblano chilies. Once the skin burns, place in a plastic bag and set aside for 15 minutes. Peel the chilies. For a mild flavor, seed and devein.
- In a saucepan, heat the olive oil. Saute the garlic cloves until golden brown. Discard.
- Add the vinegar, bay leaf, allspice, and onion. Saute until the onion is transparent. Add salt as needed. Remove the onion and spices from the saucepan and set aside.
- In the saucepan, add the chilies. Turn over constantly until they change color all over.
- Place in a mold. Add the oil and onions. Refrigerate until right before serving.
- In a bowl, mix the tuna, mayonnaise, and lime juice. Season with salt to taste.
- Stuff the chilies right before serving.