Enjoy fresh vegetables at the height of the season with this side salad. A light and healthy side for Herbed Pork Chops.
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 yellow squash (small, halved lengthwise and sliced)
- 1 zucchini (small, cut into bite-size strips)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Cook broccoli, covered, in medium saucepan in small amount of boiling, lightly salted water for 3 to 4 minutes or just until broccoli is crisp-tender; drain. Immediately plunge cooked broccoli into ice water. When chilled, drain.
- In large bowl, combine broccoli, yellow squash, zucchini and crushed red pepper. In glass measuring cup, combine vinegar, oil, lemon juice and sugar. Pour over broccoli mixture; toss gently to coat. Cover and chill for 2-4 hours, stirring occasionally.