Marinated Chicken WrapsCasseroles et claviers
If you are looking for a simple and healthy lunch to bring to the office, this is just what you need. These chicken wraps are filling and packed with flavor. Chicken breasts are marinated in a mix of lemon zest, thyme, garlic, and olive oil which imparts a ton of savory flavor. After being cooked, the chicken is wrapped up in tortillas with lettuce, tomatoes, and avocado for a serving of healthy fats and vegetable crispness.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1/2 lemon juice (and zest)
- ground black pepper
- 4 leaves romaine lettuce
- 1 avocado
- 12 dried tomatoes
- 6 slices flatbread (lavash)
- olive oil
- 1Marinate the chicken: Cut the chicken into strips and mix it with the lemon juice. Add a drizzle of olive oil, lemon zest, garlic, and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- 2Drain the chicken, and cook over high heat. Add the marinade and stir well. Remove from heat and let cool.
- 3Cut lettuce, tomatoes, and avocado in strips. On each slice of bread, spread the ingredients on half the surface, then roll the bread into rolls. For a pretty presentation, cut the rolls in half at an angle.