Pita pockets are a creative way to pack flavor and nutrients in a hand-held dish. This Marinated Chicken Pita Pocket provides the palate with sweet and savory flavors. The recipe calls for pita bread, chicken breast strips, spicy prepared salsa, lim…
, mustard, cooking spray, lettuce leavers, refried beans, sour cream, and more salsa for topping. It may take time to marinate the chicken, but once they are ready to pack in the pockets, it will be a party for the taste buds.
- 2 pita breads
- 2 chicken breasts (medium, sliced into strips)
- 1/2 cup salsa (prepared spicy)
- 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- cooking spray
- lettuce leaves
- refried beans
- sour cream
- Combine the salsa, lime juice, and mustard in a baking dish with the chicken. Marinate for at least 1 hour. Drain and reserve the excess marinade.
- Spritz a skillet with cooking spray and saute the chicken until golden brown. Add the reserved marinade. Cook until thick.
- Hea the pita bread and fill with lettuce, chicken, sour cream, and more salsa to taste.